SUPERIOR, WI - One year ago on this day the Globe Elevator in Superior went up in flames. Now fire crews are saying they learned a lot from the experience.
You'll remember this was the scene shortly after the fire started as flames burned high into the sky.
The 100-year-old structure went up in flames after a spark ignited sawdust while wood reclamation was being done.
Now fire crews say between this fire and the Husky fire, they've learned a lot about command structure, keeping the public informed and safety.
"We critiqued this one up and down as much as we could. We tried to make sure everybody learned everything that day, whether they were on duty or not. There's a lot of lessons to be learned here," Superior Fire Department Chief Scott Gordon said.
The Superior Fire Department took salvaged wood and put it along with other things related to the fire on display in their new fire hall.