Skip to Content

Mix may end for MN Saturday but linger longer for WI and MI

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

FRIDAY NIGHT & SATURDAY MORNING:

The large slow moving low that's warmed us up and delivered a few days of precip may wrap up early Saturday morning for Minnesota but stick around several hours longer for Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula. The overnight sky should be cloudy and MN gets a 40% chance for flurries. WI & MI get a 60% chance for a rain and snow mix. Low temps will be 16-26 in MN. They'll go 25-30 in WI & MI. The wind will be N 5-10 mph.

SATURDAY:

As the low continues to go, Minnesota should dry up but stay mostly cloudy. Wisconsin and Michigan will stay cloudy, too, but their clouds will kick out a 40% of a rain and snow mix lasting through the afternoon. High temps will run 30-35. The wind will be N 5-15 mph.

SUNDAY:

There will be a weak kneed high pressure cell parking to our north but it won't have enough push to clear up our sky. We'll stay mostly cloudy but it will be dry again in MN and finally in WI & MI, too. Sunday's low will be 22 with a high of 32.

MONDAY-TUESDAY:

Monday will be mostly cloudy but dry with a low of 23 and a high of 30. Tuesday will get a 30% chance for flurries to return late in the day with low 22 and high 30

WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY:

The cloudy sky will persist and a weak willed low pressure system from the west could pop up some more light snow showers from Wednesday to Friday. The warm spell will stick around so lows will be near 22 and highs will be near 32 through next Friday.

HOW LONG WILL THE WARM SPELL LAST?:

The Climate Prediction Center feels our warm spell may last until Groundhog Day on Feb. 2 but then fall off rapidly back to normal and perhaps even lower. In weather, what goes up must come down.

Dave Anderson

Skip to content