DULUTH, MN-- Given the latest surge in COVID cases and with the United Kingdom-variant spreading in the U.S., St. Luke’s has made additional changes to their visitor policy.
Under the updated inpatient visitor policy, no visitors are allowed at St. Luke’s Hospital.
The changes go into effect immediately.
Visitor exceptions include:
- Pediatric patients will be allowed one parent/guardian
- All other patients: rare exceptions may be made by the healthcare team on an express invitation-only basis (for example: patients at end-of-life, vulnerable adults needing help with communication or decision making, discharge instructions or education)
- Labor and delivery patients will be allowed one adult support person. If the patient has a doula, the doula will also be allowed
At St. Luke’s clinics or outpatient services:
- Adult patients are allowed one visitor per appointment
- Pediatric patients are allowed up to two parents/guardians per appointment
All visitors who are allowed will be required to follow visitor requirements.