ST. PAUL, MN -- Seven men were charged Friday following a three-day human trafficking operation in Itasca County, according to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
During the operation, suspects, from Minnesota, Texas and Missouri, chatted with undercover agents and investigators on several sex advertisement websites.
Investigators arrested the suspects as they arrived at an arranged meeting place for a commercial sex crime.
Two of the men were from Grand Rapids. Two others were from Chisholm and Sawyer.
“This is about people making the choice to victimize innocent people, and we’re not going to stand for it,” said BCA Superintendent Drew Evans. “The BCA and our criminal justice partners are committed to stopping those who would buy other people for sex in our communities. It is not okay.”
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension led the operation in partnership with the Tribes Against Sex Trafficking (TRUST) Task Force and the Itasca County Sheriff's Office.
- Chad Arther Dockendorf, 45, of Grand Rapids, Minn., was charged with solicitation of a person believed to be a minor and 4th degree DWI.
- Matthew Ty Hall, 32, of Mount Pleasant, Texas, was charged with solicitation of a person believed to be a minor.
- Derek Wayne Jokinen, 44, of Sawyer, Minn., was charged with solicitation of a person believed to be a minor.
- Bruce Duane Jones, 54, of Goodridge, Minn., was charged with communication of sexually explicit materials to a minor.
- Rusty James Marek, 56, of Grand Rapids, Minn., was charged with solicitation of a person believed to be a minor.
- Saihou Adrisa Sissoho, 20, of Chisholm, Minn., was charged with solicitation of a person believed to be a minor.
- Michael Kelly West, 53, of Rolla, Missouri, was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit and solicitation to engage in prostitution.