Skip to Content

More thunder to rumble through Friday

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
CBS-DAVE-AP2

WEATHER STORY: Thunderstorms have been making their presence felt in Wisconsin Thursday night. Hail up to 1.75" has fallen near Hayward. Flooding is possible in southern parts of Ashland and Iron Counties. Tonight is hosting yet another low pressure system that is running through our region. Overnight, it will be a 30% chance for showers and storms outside of Wisconsin but it will become a 70% chance for everybody on Friday. By Saturday, a big ridge of high air pressure will clear us up for at least five days in a row.

THURSDAY NIGHT: The latest low pressure system will bring a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms to the region. The low temp will run 50-55. The wind will be E 10-20 mph.

FRIDAY: The warm spell will break as it becomes mostly cloudy with a 70% shower and storm chance. The afternoon high temp will be 65-70. The wind will be E 10-20 mph.

SATURDAY: A high pressure cell will clear the sky and bring temperatures back up. The morning low will be near 52. The high temp will be near 80. The wind will be W 5-15 mph.

LOOKING AHEAD: The rain totals Thursday night through Friday should run about a tenth of an inch to a quarter for most places. Come Saturday, a strong high pressure system will take over to bring sunnier and more uniform temperature conditions near 80 for most zones. Meteorologist Dave Anderson will talk about that Thursday night on the CBS 3 evening news. Friday morning between 5 and 7 a.m., meteorologist Kaitlyn Moffett will be here to track the storm chances rolling through our region.

Dave Anderson

Skip to content