Space heater sparks house fire in Lavell Township

LAVELL TOWNSHIP, MN– A home is destroyed after catching fire Sunday night.

Several fire departments responded to the fire on Zim Road in the Lavell Township just south of Hibbing after 4:30 Sunday night.

When crews arrived they found a home on fire.

The homeowner escaped the house safely and was able to flag down a neighbor who called 911.

The owner said the fire started in the basement of the house, likely from a space heater being used to warm the water lines.

Officials say the home is a total loss. The fire cause is under investigation.

CeCe Gaines

CeCe Gaines

More News

Your Forecast Now

Superior
63°
Ashland
Hayward
72°
Hibbing
64°
International Falls
63°
Grand Marais
63°
Ironwood
73°
Severe weather threatens Wednesday night but calmer conditions come Thursday

Severe weather threatens Wednesday night but calmer conditions come Thursday

SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK: The Storm Prediction Center has the entire Northland under a slight risk of severe thunderstorms, with a

Click for forecast details...
CONNECT WITH CBS 3
top stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content