DULUTH, MN– Essentia Health is now providing more details regarding the ‘Vision Northland’ project happening this fall.
Essentia officials say construction will begin on Monday, September 9th.
The following areas will be affected due to construction:
- First Street will close from Fourth Avenue East to Seventh Avenue East.
- Fourth Avenue East will close from Superior Street to Second Street, and will be part of the construction zone.
- Road closures will restrict access to the First Street building. Patients are asked to use the entrance to the Duluth Clinic’s Second Street Building, and then take the skywalk to the First Street Building.
- The skywalk between the Duluth Clinic’s First Street Building and city parking ramp will close for demolition. A construction crosswalk will allow pedestrians to cross Fourth Avenue East and walk along First Street to the clinic and to the First Street entrance to Essentia Health-Duluth and the Second Street Building.
- Free valet parking will be available via the Second Street Building’s entrance at 502 E. Second St. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
In addition, demolition will begin inside the Amendola Building on Superior Street on September 9th, while demolition of the structure itself will begin on October 9th. The Blue Ramp will close on September 30th in preparation for the demolition.
The $800 million project is expected to last for three years.
You can also view Essentia’s patient and visitor parking plan below, or by clicking here on a mobile device.