Family: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony recovering

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The family of a 5-year-old boy thrown off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America last week says he’s “showing real signs of recovery” but remains in intensive care.

The boy’s family posted the update Friday on a GoFundMe page that has raised nearly $900,000 for Landen’s medical expenses.

Beyond the fundraising page, Landen’s family has asked for privacy.

Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda with premeditated first-degree murder for the April 12 attack

Aranda told police he was angry at being rejected by women at the Minnesota mall and was “looking for someone to kill.”

Landen plunged almost 40 feet and suffered head trauma and multiple broken bones. His family says he still has “a long road ahead” to recovery.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

Your Forecast Now

Superior
45°
Ashland
37°
Hayward
39°
Hibbing
International Falls
37°
Grand Marais
Ironwood
39°
Monday’s sun turns to Tuesday’s clouds then Wednesday’s rain

Monday’s sun turns to Tuesday’s clouds then Wednesday’s rain

MONDAY NIGHT: The snow making low pressure system that brought 5″ to towns like Oulu is gone and was replaced

Click for forecast details...
CONNECT WITH CBS 3
top stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content